Festive Embroidery with Katie Martin
December 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST$29
In this workshop, we cover fundamental stitches for creating textured, interesting embroidery work. We will also include some beading for extra fun! We go over choosing materials and how to know what is best for embroidery and what different needles to use for different tasks. As Katie walks through the project with you, you will see her tips and tricks and the way she layers elements to create dimensional, beautiful embroidery.
Supplies You Will Need
- Cream fabric (Katie uses flannel but you could also use cotton or linen)
- Harvest Goods Co. Oval Embroidery hoop (but could use any size hoop if scaling the pattern)
- DMC embroidery floss in colors 934, 3053, 3871, and 624 (or any light green, dark green, light brown, dark brown)
- Beads (Katie uses these but any ones will do – could also substitute these for French knots)
- DMC Flouche in cream (or could use plain embroidery floss as well!)
- Beading needle in size 10
- Embroidery needle in size 5
About the Artist
Katie Martin is the artist behind Harvest Goods Co. She live in Northwest Arkansas with her husband, 3 children and standard poodle, on their budding homestead. Katie has been embroidering for over 3 years and has spent the last 2 years teaching people all over the wonder of modern, botanical embroidery.