Macramé Rainbow Wall Hanging with Rachel Breuklander
December 9 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST$29
Come join Rachel as we dive into the relaxing craft of macramé, an art form created by tying different types of knots. Over this two part class, you will learn how to “paint with fiber”- in other words, you will use multiple colors of string to create a stunning visual of a modern rainbow arch. We will start by covering all of the basics to getting started with macrame and then learn some basic knots. Then, by the end of the second class, you will have both mastered those knots and learned how to bring an idea to life with fiber. You will leave with not only a gorgeous piece of handmade wall art, but also with a brand new skill set under your belt, a new outlet for art therapy, and likely a bit of leftover string from your project to keep using!
Supplies You Will Need
- Natural White 5mm Single Twist String: 380 ft (92m) needed
- Primary Color (your choice) 5mm Single Twist String: 150 ft (46 m) needed – Rachel recommends buying 2 x 75 ft mini spools.
- Secondary Color (your choice) 5mm Single Twist String: 110 ft (34 m) needed – Rachel recommends buying 2 x 75 ft mini spools.
- Third Color (your choice) 5mm Single Twist String: 70 ft (22 m) needed – Rachel recommend buying 1 x 75 ft mini spool.
- 24” Branch, Driftwood, or Dowel Rod: (dowels can be found at craft stores or at Lowes / Home Depot)
- Fabric Measuring Tape
- Fabric Scissors (these are Rachel’s favorite)
- Wide-Eye Tapestry Yarn Needles (can also be found at any craft store)
- S- Hooks (to hang your project, optional but will be helpful)
- Standard Comb (here’s a link for a reusable metal comb, but any will do)
- Alternative to Comb: Macrame Brush (quicker and more efficient)
About the Artist
Rachel is the fiber artist behind The Lark’s Head. She lives in Los Angeles with her trusty pup, Finn. Rachel absolutely loves creating modern macramé art, but also finds so much joy in teaching others this therapeutic craft through in person classes, Youtube videos, and by creating DIY kits- she is even publishing a macramé DIY book that will be released in 2022!