Painting with Wool: Needle Felted Autumn Leaves with Dani Ives
December 3 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST$35.00
In this workshop, you’ll learn about the tools, materials and techniques used for needle felting beautiful autumn leaves to add to your seasonal decor. Dani will show you how to choose a project and build a pleasant composition. You’ll learn how to transfer lines to fabric, pick a color palette, create beautiful color blends and add perfect details to your leaves. Dani will also share how to finish your project and care for your new fiber art.
Supplies You Will Need
- Felting Needles – Dani recommends having at least 2 or 3 on hand. Her favorite is size 38 Star.
- Felting Work Surface – Dani uses dense felting foam.
- Fabric – 100% wool felt, 1mm thick is great for beginners. Dani also uses linen. Feel free to experiment with different fabrics. One piece, size 8″ x 10″ or similar will be plenty for this workshop.
- Wool Fibers in various colors – Dani highly recommends using carded wool batts if possible (Felted Sky Felter’s Palette is a great option).
- Pen that marks easily on your fabric.
- Optional: Embroidery hoop that fits your fabric size (for framing and composing only–the fabric will need to be at least 0.5 inches larger than the hoop size)
About the Artist
Dani Ives is an award winning fiber artist, author and educator. She has taught thousands of students how to make art in her online courses and workshops, and she has traveled the world teaching in-person workshops. Dani lives in Northwest Arkansas with her husband and adorable dog, June Bug.