Materials Kit: Black and White Marbled Clay Hanging Planter
For all of our clay lovers! If you joined us for workshop collaboration with ceramic artist Emily Reinhardt, we’re introducing a new materials kit to explore the techniques shared further in a new black and white color way. We are sending along all of the supplies needed to build one hanging planter! For this project, we have also partnered with the talented metalsmith Cynthia Paino to hand make each of the clamps used to hang the planters.
This materials kit includes:
- 1/2 pound of black polymer clay
- 1/2 pound of white polymer clay
- one large air plant (of the harrisii, capitata or velutina variety) grown in Southern California by a family-owned nursery
- one set of mini brass clamps (handmade for Emily’s workshop by metalsmith Cynthia Paino)
- 4 feet of beige leather cording
This materials kit is built for those that participated in the full original marbled clay workshop led by Emily so that you have access to all of the tools and instructions needed to create a hanging planter from scratch.