Block Printing on Fabric Workshop
This featured workshop introduces block printing on fabric. Erin Dollar of Cotton & Flax shares how to use the tools and materials in your box correctly to make beautifully printed textiles. We start with an introduction to pattern making and block carving and end with designing and stamping a linen table runner. Our runners were hand sewn in Southern California and we’ve developed several different materials kits to continue the making – be sure to visit our Marketplace block printing workshop category to learn more.
Learn more about the details of this project on Erin’s Featured Maker Page
Block printing is one of the oldest types of printmaking, and is still widely practiced throughout the world. Artisans working within this rich tradition create beautiful designs in relief, and print each design element by hand, creating wonderful variation that looks beautifully handmade. Block printing is a great way to instantly personalize fabrics, stationery, and much more, to create decor that’s all your own. Using traditional printing practices, you can create unique pieces that will add your individual style to any corner of your home. Adding handmade pattern to your home can create depth and richness to your decor, and you’ll have a story to tell of how each piece came to life. We hope you enjoy this workshop.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop on the techniques and execution of block printing by Erin Dollar
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Erin
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- 1 2.5oz jar of water soluble black ink + a reusable inking tray
- An interchangeable 4″ brayer (we are providing the soft rubber head for our project)
- A set of lino cutter carving tools (including 5 interchangeable tips)
- 1 high density rubber carving block & a graphite pencil
- A handmade linen table runner
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock