Naturally Dyed Fiber Wall Art Workshop
We are learning how to naturally dye fiber and then to transform that fiber into a beautiful piece of art for the wall. Rebekka of Camellia Fiber Company walks us through how to properly dye a raw wool yarn skein using roots, nuts, dried flowers and other natural materials and then Lisa Garcia of Soñadora Studio will show us how to create a beautiful, structural wall hanging with the finished product. In this workshop we are working with madder root but this particular technique is so wonderful for so many applications! We are excited to get you started.
Learn more about the details of this project on Rebekka & Lisa’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- An online digital workshop by makers Rebekka Seale & Lisa Garcia
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Rebekka & Lisa
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- An un-dyed wool skein of yarn
- Madder root sourced from small shop dye producer Griffen Dye Works to learn natural dying techniques
- ADutch copper colander to use for your many future dying projects!
- Two gold rings for creating the finished wall hanging
- 3 wooden beads
- A length of hemp string
- A length of size 8 black pearle cotton thread for outlining
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock