Wet-On-Wet Watercolor Workshop
Artist Jenna Rainey of Mon Voir introduces the unique watercolor technique of ‘wet-on-wet’ painting to create beautifully blended botanical leaves. Jenna introduces her favorite tools and materials as she shares the application of building watercolored leaves from the ground up in her video tutorial.
Learn more about the details of this project on Jenna’s Featured Maker Page.
Jenna is sharing 12 unique leaf templates to explore to create a full wall collage of different types and styles of watercolored leaves. Watercolor is a visual medium that offers the artist infinite possibilities. Jenna shares that what she loves most is the way that colors move around the paper with ease as one paints, exploding and bursting from pigment to pigment to create texture and depth. Jenna shares how to create those beautiful little blends or ‘explosions’ that result in rich shading and gradients throughout your work.
This workshop includes:
- An online digital workshop by Jenna Rainey
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Jenna
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A pair of Winsor & Newton artist-quality watercolors in Jenna’s preferred shades of green and yellow (5ml to create many, many beautiful leaf prints)
- Universally loved & diversely used size 6 Princeton synthetic sable hair artist-quality brush
- A packet of 300gsm, 100% cotton cold pressed artist-grade watercolor paper (a high quality, thick paper for practicing and creating)
- A mini painter’s palette for blending
- Our custom maple frames that help to hold your paper as you work and work wonderfully for hanging your artwork in the home
- A #2 pencil + artist’s eraser for sketching work before watercoloring
- 12 leaf templates to help guide and shape your leaves
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock