Large Scale Fabric Stenciling Workshop
Here we explore printmaking with artist Erin Dollar of Cotton & Flax as we dive into large scale fabric stenciling to create a beautiful custom blanket. We are excited to bring a form of printmaking to makers that allows for both small and over-sized custom textile art. Stenciling is one of the oldest and richest forms of printmaking and is still widely practiced throughout the world. Stenciling is a great way to create one-of-a-kind designs and is perfect for creating custom decor for your home.
Learn more about the details of this project on Erin’s Featured Maker Page
We’re so excited to have partners with Robert Kaufman, a to-the-trade fabric designer in Southern California, to offer one of the highest qualities of 100% linen fabric on the market. This fabric is in its natural state and offers a beautiful flax color way that makes a lovely base for a stenciled pattern. This blanket is a diverse, large, soft, take-anywhere, drape-anywhere blanket and is perfect for picnicking, beach outings, backyard book reading, sofa snuggling, slinging over a favorite chair or draping as a bed scarf. There’s a reason breathable, soft linen bedding is so well loved and we’re bringing it to our workshop in a really lovely way!
This workshop includes:
- An online instructional video workshop by Erin Dollar
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Erin
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A custom, large 4.5×6′ 100% linen blanket (each sewn one at a time by hand in Southern California) with directions to create a deliciously soft throw or a bit sturdier picnic blanket – this happens in the washing phase!
- Erin’s favorite textile paint in blue and black
- Stenciling paper
- A straightedge knife for carving your designs
- A foam paintbrush for applying paint to fabric