Low Relief Clay Carving Workshop
Here we learned about low relief clay carving with ceramic artist Melissa Tolar. Melissa is the co-founder of A Question of Eagles, a home goods based business with an emphasis on handmade, heirloom quality ceramics. Hand carving patterns into clay has become a defining feature of A Question of Eagles’s pottery, and in this workshop Melissa shares techniques to recreate this process in your own home using polymer clay. Once you have the technique mastered, there are so many different pieces you can make to decorate your home – from wall hangings, to jewelry dishes to napkin rings!
Learn more about the details of this project on Melissa’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- An online digital workshop by Melissa Tolar of A Question of Eagles
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Melissa
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- Two pounds (one pound each of terra cotta and white) clay
- Tools of the trade: an acrylic rolling pin for flat lays, a wooden handled needle nose carving tool, a wooden handled wire wrap carving tool, a straight edge ruler for carving
- Project materials: a small bowl for creating ring dishes, jute for creating a custom wall hanging
- Workspace: washi tape to hold protective paper for your work surface paper
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock