Brass Mobiles Workshop
Welcome to our workshop collaboration with Sarah Perez of Electric Sun Creatives. Sarah leads us through a study in balance, composition and design by working with sheet metal and brass tubing to create a sculptural brass mobile for the home.
Learn more about the details of this project on Sarah’s Featured Maker Page.
In this workshop we learn how to manipulate metal using the tools and techniques that Sarah practices in her studio. In the examples to the left, Sarah demonstrates three different mobile structures in two different sizes. The larger mobile includes this add-on kit of extra sheet metal and wire (to be purchased separately).
This workshop includes:
- An online digital workshop by maker Sarah Perez
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Sarah
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A 4×10″ length of brass sheet metal to make a roughly 6 piece kinetic mobile
- A two yard length of brass 16 gauge wire
- Tinner metal shears designed to carefully slice through soft metal
- A carbon steel metal punch, sizes 1.5 & 2mm
- A set of pliers (a flat, round and side cutter) to manipulate wire and sheet metal