Leather Tanning & Stamping Workshop
Welcome to our leather working workshop! We are emphasizing two areas of craftsmanship for this project: conditioning or ‘tanning’ as well as stamping or ‘imprinting’. Julie Rais Ellis of Rais Case leads our workshop by thoughtfully & carefully introducing the process of each of these techniques in her detailed digital tutorial.
Learn more about the details of this project on Julie’s Featured Maker Page.
Julie has designed a vegetable-tanned leather journal cover as our project for this month – this beautiful journal cover can can be used as a traveler’s notebook cover for sketching, painting or scrapbooking, it’s also wonderful for planning, journaling and general creativity! The leather cover can be imprinted with one’s name, travel destinations, a favorite quote or inspiring mantra. We invite you to practice stamping on a variety of leather personal and home goods once you’ve experimented with tanning and imprinting!
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop to build a customized leather journal cover led by Julie Rais Ellis
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Julie
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- Vegetable-tanned templated leather cured in an eco-friendly fashion and prepared in Mt. Hope, Ohio
- A set of alphabet + number steel leather stamps
- An 8oz wood + rubber mallet for leather stamping
- A custom notebook built with 135 gsm multi-media paper to start you on sketching, journaling & planning
- Accessories needed to hold the notebook in journal
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock