Leather Tanning & Stamping Workshop
Welcome to our leather working workshop! We are emphasizing two areas of craftsmanship for this project: conditioning or ‘tanning’ as well as stamping or ‘imprinting’. Julie Rais Ellis of Rais Case leads our workshop by thoughtfully & carefully introducing the process of each of these techniques in her detailed digital tutorial.
Learn more about the details of this project on Julie’s Featured Maker Page.
Julie has designed a vegetable-tanned leather journal cover as our project for this month – this beautiful journal cover can can be used as a traveler’s notebook cover for sketching, painting or scrapbooking, it’s also wonderful for planning, journaling and general creativity! The leather cover can be imprinted with one’s name, travel destinations, a favorite quote or inspiring mantra. We invite you to practice stamping on a variety of leather personal and home goods once you’ve experimented with tanning and imprinting!
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop to build a customized leather journal cover led by Julie Rais Ellis
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Julie
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- Vegetable-tanned templated leather cured in an eco-friendly fashion and prepared in Mt. Hope, Ohio
- A set of alphabet + number steel leather stamps
- An 8oz wood + rubber mallet for leather stamping
- A custom notebook built with 135 gsm multi-media paper to start you on sketching, journaling & planning
- Accessories needed to hold the notebook in journal
You may also like…
Leather Coaster Set
Ecru Canvas & Raw Leather Farmers Market Tote
Materials Kit$26.00 – $34.00
The Crafter’s Box Canvas & Leather Toolbox
Materials Kit: A Larger Alphabet & Number Stamp Set$32.00
Extra Elastic Binding
Travel Leather Stamping Kit