Pibione Tapestry Weaving Workshop
Welcome to our workshop exploring the beautiful art of Pibione tapestry weaving. Weaving is an ancient craft that is practiced throughout the world, Pibione is a unique style of weaving that translates to ‘grapes’ in Italian and refers to the small bumps within the tapestry that create a pattern. Known for its detail and craftsmanship, Pibione is practiced on the small island of Sardinia in Italy by a handful of artists that are keeping the original designs and looms alive.
Learn more about the details of this project on Lindsey’s featured maker page.
We look forward to sharing this special style with you. In this workshop, artist Lindsey Campbell introduces Pibione and the uniquely sourced materials that make her wall hangings and art so special. Lindsey uses this technique often in her own work, modernizing the ancient practice with extra chunky materials for a bold, graphic design. We’ve worked carefully with artisanal craftsmen, wool mills and natural dyers to assemble a kit of tools & materials to get you started.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop to build a woven tapestry led by Lindsey Campbell
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Lindsey
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A custom 18×24” large maple loom + sword or ‘pick up’ stick (made in the studio of craftsman Jeff Kirschenman in San Diego, Ca)
- A skein of South African merino wool (+ recycled water bottle fibers) extra bulky yarn milled in collaboration with Love Fest Fibers in Washington state (choose your color below)
- A skein of hand dyed indigo fingering yarn by artist Raminta Beržanskytė (sent with color Denim – you’ll use the white cotton warp in your kit if choosing an alternate color)
- A skein of cotton warp string
- Two dowels: a small Pibione dowel and a dowel for wall hanging
- 100% cotton 3 ply rope
- An extra long tapestry needle
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again: