A Premium Workshop: Organic Weaving on a Standing Tapestry Loom
$275.00 – $295.00
or 4 installments from $68.75 with More info
Welcome to our premium workshop exploring weaving on a vertical standing floor loom with artist Erin Barrett. Erin is leading us through a detailed, digital workshop in her iconic style on how to work with a variety of fibers to create texture and organic movement in beautiful, oversized tapestry art. One highlight of this workshop is a sturdy maple standing floor loom in either a 48×48″ or 36×48″ (width x height) designed by The Crafter’s Box in collaboration with a custom wood working team in San Diego, CA. We’ve built this loom with the modern weaver in mind – learn about five unique design attributes that set this loom apart on our full workshop page.
Learn more about the details of this project on Erin’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop teaches weaving techniques allowing you to build and customize a tapestry. Explore color through placement, blocking, and various stitching combinations to hand make a large wall piece for your home. This meditative, organic style starts at the bottom of the piece and builds as you like it. Our sample weaving pauses at at roughly 22″ of woven work (paired with a matching length of tassels), your new floor loom would allow you to build all the way to a 46″ piece! Add Erin’s original Charleston colorway below to receive 2x as many materials to create a piece this large. Be sure to explore our alternate colorways as well.
This premium workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop by Erin Barrett
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Erin
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A custom maple 48×48″ or 36×48″ vertical floor loom with adjustable legs and bracing bar, ships unassembled
- A curved tapestry needle
- An acrylic tapestry needle by Sonora Handmade
- A large dowel for hanging your finished piece
- Cotton warp
- Gold metallic lamé ribbon
- Five skeins of ecru wool blend yarn
- Roving bundle: 17 oz of Merino top wool roving in Erin’s custom original color palette (a selection of four dyed rovings and one natural ecru – see photos to the left for inspiration)
Due to the oversize-natured and weight of this item, this product is not eligible for any free shipping promotions.
You may also like…
The Sonoma Colorway
A Neutral (Hand-Spun Yarn) Pibione Tapestry
The Original Charleston Colorway
The Tucson Colorway
Small Canvas Half Circle Pouch
Raw Materials$10.00 – $20.00
A Peony Embellished Pouch
Video Access Only: Organic Weaving on a Standing Tapestry Loom
A Bundle of Additional Bulky Yarn