Wood Burning Workshop
Welcome to an introduction to wood burning with artist Rachel Strauss. We are exploring the wonderful art of pyrography through the careful instruction of a maker with years of creative experience behind a pyrography soldering iron.
Learn more about the details of this project on Rachel’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop explores how to use an advanced temperature-controlled tool to burn on substrates such as wood, leather, and cork. Our digital tutorial focuses on three key areas of wood burning: transferring techniques to move art to a surface, burning techniques to work with different tool tips to outline, fill & shade your art professionally, and finally finishing techniques to protect your work. The curated kit Rachel has designed starts us off by transferring one of Rachel’s unique designs onto an artisan-made basswood cheese board to create a custom piece for your next party.
This workshop includes:
- An in-depth, digital workshop by Rachel Strauss
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Rachel
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A Walnut Hollow Versatool equipped for temperature variations and a range of burning points and parts
- An artisan basswood cheese board with a hand- shaped ‘live edge’
- A Versatool transfer point
- A dual sanding block in both coarse and medium grit
- A small practice piece of wood
- Graphite paper
- Embossing stylus
- 2oz food safe mineral oil
- A Tombow sand eraser
- Custom template designs by Rachel
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock