Delicate Wafer Paper Florals Premium Workshop
In her premium workshop focused on modern cake design and handcrafting delicate wafer paper florals, sugar artisan Stevi Auble encourages, inspires and educates bakers and makers of all skill levels. This immersive workshop is a true masterclass that guides us through the intricate art of building botanically-accurate wafer paper florals for professionally decorating beautiful sweets and cakes.
Your floral bouquet includes instructions, materials and specialized tools to handcraft—in stunning detail—ranunculus, peonies, cosmos, garden roses, anemones and accompanying leaf embellishments. You have enough materials to make five of each flower, giving you the flexibility to practice and perfect your craft. In addition, Stevi leads us through the process of building a tiered romantic buttercream cake design—learn tips for stacking and filling tiers, creating a crumb coat, expertly applying buttercream, and decorating a finished cake with perfection. Stevi introduces a plethora of information to transform makers into seasoned sweet designers. This workshop covers the full spectrum of cake construction and decorating, focusing on handcrafting delicate, edible florals made from wafer paper.
Each step of the cake constructing and decorating process is broken down into bite-size, comprehensible steps. Once the base of proper construction is achieved, we’ll move onto ways to incorporate edible elements to embellish your cakes. All of the edible flower designs taught in this workshop can be used on their own or in conjunction with one another to create an impressive, detailed work of art.
After exploring this immersive workshop, you’ll uncover your expert skills in detailed wafer paper floral art. Through Stevi’s professional guidance, you’ll have all the skills and tips to construct cakes for every celebration.
To learn more about Stevi and our Delicate Wafer Paper Florals Premium Workshop, explore our Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop by Stevi Auble of Hey There, Cupcake!
- A live Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in creative conversation
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Stevi
The Tools & Materials included in this workshop:
- Premium edible wafer paper
- Custom petal patterns designed by Stevi Auble for The Crafter’s Box, featuring patterns for peony petals, cosmos petals, garden rose petals, anemone petals and leaf, and ranunculus petals
- Digital White Party Cake Recipe Card by Stevi Auble
- Digital White Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe Card by Stevi Auble
- Rose guard petal veiner, large
- Cosmos petal veiner, medium
- Anemone petal veiner, XL
- Double ended ball tool
- Dresden and veining 2-in-1 tool
- Scallop & comb modeling tool
- Blossom & petal former
- Boxwood modeling tool
- Sugar Paste edible pigmented petal dust in cream, apricot, blush, golden corn, mustard, brick, foliage, kiwi, chocolate, and black, 0.5 oz/each
- Satin ice gum paste in black (4oz) and white (8oz)
- 15ml Sweet Sticks edible paint, in black
- Fondant and sugar flower drying foam mat
- 4oz Cornstarch
- Unflavored gelatin granules
- Five bunches of pre-made peony stamens in white
- 3D Plain egg chocolate candy mold
- Paint tray
- Flat head paint brushes
- Floral stem tape, in brown and green
- Paper covered floral wire in 3 gauges, green and white
- Extra strong upholstery thread
- 1 inch high density smoothfoam balls
Share with us! We can’t wait to see all of the beautiful cakes you create and adorn in your own designs using Stevi Auble’s skills and techniques. We hope you enjoy this workshop, we’d love to see how you are inspired to create. Be sure to share with us by tagging @thecraftersbox, our featured artist @heytherecupcake_ and use #thecraftersbox so all can follow along in your creative journey. Happy making with this special workshop.
You may also like…
Farmer's Market - Workshops
Dried Elegant + Wild Summer Wreaths Workshop
Leather & Woodworking - Premium Workshops
Leather Sandal Making Premium Workshop
Farmer's Market - Workshops
Hand Poured Candle & Scent Blending Workshop
Fiber Art - Workshops
Punch Needle Art Workshop