Modern Paper Quilling Workshop
Welcome to an introduction to modern quilling with artist Zahra Ammar. In this workshop, Zahra introduces the art of quilling in her beautiful, modern style as she walks us through the coiling and paper-on-edge creation of a floral bouquet.
Learn more about the details of this project on Zahra’s Featured Maker Page.
An age-old art that dates back to the 15th century, paper quilling finds its roots in carefully wound paper coils that are then manipulated – with careful technique and creativity – into beautiful shapes. A carefully instructed quilling pattern is a series of finite, meditative details that merge together to create a final piece. It’s not until one steps back to view the ‘forest through the trees’ and the entire piece comes together.
- A detailed, digital workshop by Zahra Ammar
- A recording of our live Maker Chat Q&A from our community
- Tools and materials from artisan supplies, curated for you, by Zahra
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- 11×14″ art board
- Specialized slotted quilling tool
- Needle tool
- Fine sharp scissors
- Fine tip tweezers
- Circular template ruler
- Heavy weight pre-cut quilling strips in various colors and lengths