$65.00 every month
On the 1st of each month, we release a brand new artist-led workshop that you don’t want to miss out on. Your subscription membership starts with our October workshop led by artist Lindsey Campbell
Welcome to the soothing world of frame weaving. The art of basic weaving is one of the oldest artisan techniques in the world, dating back to ancient times. In her workshop, Lindsey guides us through a specialized technique that weaves yarn in floating patterns on a fixed, notch and peg-less frame. The wooden frame provides structure to weaving elements that would otherwise not be able to stand on their own, creating an intricate and colorful décor piece that’s ready to hang in your home.
This workshop begins by exploring the materials used for this project, including soft 4-ply natural wool yarn in white and black, a hand-crafted wooden frame, two crochet hooks, and a tapestry needle. Lindsey explains the basic principles of warp versus weft and then shows us how to begin the weaving process for our pattern. We then learn how to warp the frame, read the pattern, and complete the project. For our experienced weavers, we’re incorporating new techniques to take your work to the next level. This frame weaving project utilizes a crochet technique called ‘chain stitch’ for a decorative and innovative way to attach yarn to edges of the wooden frame as you work.
Learn more about the details of this project on Lindsey Campbell’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed digital workshop led by Lindsey Campbell of Hello Hydrangea
- A live Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in on a creative conversation with the artist
- Tools & materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you by Lindsey
- PDF download with written instructions to complement the video tutorial
The tools & materials included in our kit:
- Wood frame, 10″ x 10″ x .75″
- Two 4-ply wool yarn skeins in black and sugar
- Two metal crochet hooks, 4mm
- Big eye tapestry needle
- Diamond pattern
- Star pattern
We can’t wait to see what you create. Happy Making!