Tiled Block Print with Gradation
Welcome to our workshop exploring hand block printing and the use of tessellated or tiled patterns. In this workshop, artist Mindy Schumacher introduces her craft with a detailed, digital workshop sharing how to create custom hand block printed silk scarves.
Printmaking is the age-old art form of making multiples. Each and every impression made from a printer’s block is an original piece of art, no two will be exactly the same, making this craft truly unique and handmade.
Learn more about the details of this project on Mindy’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop by Mindy Schumacher on how to hand block print with a tiled gradation on a silk scarf
- A live Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in creative conversation
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Mindy
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- 25 x 25″ silk scarf
- 4 x 6″ carving block
- A custom, ergonomic white birch + steel 4 mm v-tool made in the US in collaboration with U.J. Ramelson
- Block printing ink in blue, black and white
- Acrylic inking plate
- 4” rubber brayer
- Wooden stir sticks
- Scratch paper
- Butcher paper
We can’t wait to see what you create!
This workshop has been so popular, we are waiting for a shipment of materials to arrive for restocking. We expect to be able to start receiving orders and shipping out the week of October 19th.
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock