Travel Sketching & Painting Workshop
We are introducing three areas of creative practice in our Travel Sketching & Painting Workshop: modern illustration using a fine nib pen & graphite pencil, watercolor washes with a favorite travel watercolor set + water brush, and the art of plein air travel capturing while on the go. Chelsea shares her step-by-step overview to build on basic drawing & painting skills to comfortably sketch the world around you. Chelsea starts from ground level for all drawing beginners; if you’re an experienced sketcher though, you’ll appreciate her tips for growing your style to capture what you see around you in a plein air fashion.
Learn more about the details of this project on Chelsea’s Featured Maker Page
What we love most is that this workshop focuses on art outside of the studio! Chelsea’s chosen a beautiful, artist-grade, fine nib fountain pen (amazing for the thinnest and thickets of lines) as well as a lasting set of travel watercolors by Winsor & Newton to be your main tools for travel. Whether you’re adding a sketching journal to your daypack for five minutes of creativity at a local park or while jet-setting across the country, we hope to inspire creativity wherever you go. Travel journaling allows one to practice creativity every day and to capture the very best memories via pen and paper. Whether you’ll fill yours with train stubs and photos and mixed media collages or use your sketchbook strictly for watercolor washes, we can’t wait to see how you explore.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop led by Chelsea
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Chelsea
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A hand sewn travel A5 sketchbook featuring a a custom every-other assortment of 140# cold pressed Legion watercolor paper and AQUA mixed media 135gsm paper for both wet watercolor, dry illustrations, and a blend of each. Each is made by Beth Soler in Hollywood, Florida.
- A Pilot fine nib fountain pen (with refillable cartridge)
- A Winsor & Newton travel watercolor set
- A travel watercolor brush
- A graphite pencil & eraser
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock