Hi! Welcome. We’ve built this membership community to be a slow crafting reminder of how important it is to feed our creative spirits. This project is also meant as a sustainable solution to support artists, small family businesses and our quality manufacturers by providing them with advanced lead times through a monthly subscription model.
We offer Memberships (either monthly or every 3-month subscriptions) and our Marketplace (with past workshops, add-on kits, extra materials, and our premium workshops). By joining our subscription, you’re opting into a monthly, curated craft project and to learn a new artistic style, to fully build out your crafting toolbox and to explore your own personal creative boundaries!
As a member, you can always pause, reactivate, skip, swap, or cancel your subscription within your account. Please note that your payment information will be charged at the time of signing up and then again on the 15th of the month after that.
We've built our projects with an 18+ audience in mind - kits can contain sharp tools and dangerous materials. See our terms & conditions for more information.
Curated materials + quality tools + a digital workshop + a live Maker Chat for Q+As
As a member of The Crafter’s Box, we’ll send a lovingly kitted box of tools + materials to your doorstep on a monthly basis. Each month we feature a new expert maker and that maker has built for us a unique, grown-up, on-trend project that reflects their artistic style. In addition to the monthly box, our featured maker has created an educational, digital workshop to teach their crafting medium and to offer their tips + tricks.
The best part of this model is the ability to revisit workshops in the future to create again and again. Happy making!
In addition to our monthly workshop, every month we share a featured add-on kit! For those looking to expand on a particular workshop, this kit offers more materials to explore. These add-on kits require the same tools, video and instructions as our full workshop kit - as such, to order you must be participating in the full workshop.
Our add-on kits and materials kits offer an opportunity to keep making in a unique crafting technique explored initially during our monthly workshop. Just as a reminder, these supplemental kits are only open to members of The Crafter’s Box who have also purchased that month's workshop so that they have access to the workshop video & tools to complete the new project.
For past workshops, materials kits, and raw materials, please visit our Marketplace! If we have extra single material items (such as extra skeins of wool), this is where you'll find product listings. If you can't find what you're looking for, you are welcome to contact us at [email protected] and if we have any extra inventory we’ll be sure to let you know.
Our monthly subscription kits often do sell out so it's our best recommendation to join during the enrollment period (10th-20th of each month) to ensure you have one. We are only able to reach out to a portion of our waitlist each month. Follow us on Instagram or sign up for our newsletter for pop-up shop announcements!
We kit and ship all boxes at the same time each month.
Important dates to keep in mind:
- 10th-20th of the month: the next month's project is announced and open for enrollment for ten full days for NEW members.
- 15th of the month: monthly members auto renew.
- 20th of the month: last day for NEW orders to be received for the next month’s box (for example, January 20th is the last day to subscribe for new members to still receive the February box. Anyone after this date is invited to join our waitlist).
- End of the month: our small team hand kits ALL of our boxes (and we work hard to make sure each and every box is cleanly packaged for shipping as well as lovely to unbox when it arrives on your doorstep).
- First full week of the month: we ship our boxes to you. You should receive them sometime within the first 12 days of the month if you are in the US. International orders can take 2-3 weeks (sometimes more if the customs process is delayed).
- USPS does not allow us to file an international claim until 4-6 weeks after an international shipment has gone missing. It's our policy to wait a full 6 weeks before investigating missing boxes to comply with their request. Our orders do not ship with insurance.
- Occasionally the small suppliers we collaborate with experience production issues that we have little control over. The above calendar is meant as a guideline only.
- We know it can be frustrating to order your box on the 10th of the previous month and not receive it until the first week of the next month, but shipping ALL of our boxes together is the only way we can manage our unique calendar events and work with our small suppliers fairly. You can always reach out to us at [email protected] and we can answer ANY shipping questions you might have!
Generally we ship USPS Priority or DHL Express. Boxes are insured, in addition we're happy to help try (to the very best of our ability) to track down any that go off the grid. We will always come to your aid.
For our international customers, import and duty fees are the responsibility of our community members. They vary from country to country and adjust based on local laws (a side note that in our experience our kits fall within import limitations but every country is different). Ordering from our site means you understand and accept our shipping terms and conditions.
Oh no! We will ship you out whatever items may have accidentally not made it in to your box asap. Just send us an email to [email protected]. We are so sorry for the inconvenience and we would love to make it right right away.
Our system is automated so that you have access to the workshops for the months which you've been a member to The Crafter's Box. Sometimes even the automated functionality of our system experiences glitches though 🙁 so please be sure to reach out to us so we can manually adjust the access to your workshop page right away.
If you're a monthly subscriber you can pause and reactivate your account from within your dashboard.
As a 3-month subscriber, your account is processed for three projects in a row, after the third project ships, you're welcome to pause or cancel your account for future projects.
If our community is not right for you, that’s okay. You can cancel your membership at any time within your account as well.
To pause, skip, swap or cancel your subscription, be sure to do so at least two days before your account auto renews (which is on the 15th of each month). You will always have access to the workshops that you were a member for and you can reactivate using the same steps above before the 15th of the month to join for any future projects.
You're welcome to reach us anytime at [email protected] (or use the form below) and we'll reply as soon as possible. Come say hi :).
We would be over the moon to see your project!! Please share on Instagram and tag with #thecraftersbox. Yesss!
Can I share my project for the purpose of selling it? Please note that the creative content shared in each workshop (as well as the pattern and/or design created by the artist) belongs to the artist leading each workshop. Projects cannot be sold or replicated for the purpose of sale. Please be considerate of our artists when using the techniques learned in each workshop for your own artistic growth, we care about protecting the creative rights of the incredible workshop leaders that collaborate with us. Read our terms & conditions for even more (linked below).
We invite you to join our newsletter (using the form in the footer of our website) so we can share our upcoming project announcements and other special information with you. We are super respectful of our contact list and you should only hear from us regarding: monthly projects, Maker Chats, and the occasional TCB Creative Distractions newsletter. xo