Painting With Wool: Needle Felted Mistletoe with Dani Ives
December 5 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm PST$29
In this workshop, you’ll learn about the tools, materials and techniques used for needle felting a gorgeous sprig of mistletoe to add to your holiday decor. Dani will demonstrate how to plan your project and choose a composition for your art. You’ll learn how to transfer lines to fabric, pick a color palette, create beautiful color blends and add perfect botanical details to your mistletoe. Dani will also share how to finish your project and care for your new fiber art.
Supplies You Will Need
- Felting Needles – Dani recommends having at least 2 or 3 on hand. Her favorite is size 38 Star.
- Felting Work Surface – Dani uses dense felting foam.
- Fabric – 100% wool felt, 1mm thick is great for beginners. Dani also uses a medium weight linen (make sure it isn’t transparent). Feel free to experiment with different fabrics. One piece, size 8″ x 10″ or similar will be plenty for this workshop.
- Wool Fibers in various colors (Felted Sky Felter’s Palette or Living Felt Wool)
- 1/8 oz per color is enough to explore with. Dani highly recommends using carded wool batts if possible.
- Suggested colors are 3 shades of green (light, medium, dark), white or off-white, pale pink and pale lavender.
- Pen that marks easily on your fabric.
- Optional: Embroidery hoop that fits your fabric size (for framing and composing only–the fabric will need to be at least 0.5 inches larger than the hoop size), scissors, hot glue gun OR fabric glue
About the Artist
Dani Ives is an award winning fiber artist, author and educator. She has taught thousands of students how to make art in her online courses and workshops, and she has traveled the world teaching in-person workshops. Dani lives in Northwest Arkansas with her husband and adorable dog, June Bug.