Quilling Snowflakes with Zahra Ammar
December 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST$29
In this workshop, we will begin with a snowflake pattern that can be used as an ornament, a wall hanging, or made into a special handmade card. We will go over some basic tools and quick overview of how to make quilling shapes. Then, we will create and put together a snowflake or two and discover the creator insights on how this can look more delicate yet strong. Some tips, tricks and embellishment ideas will also be discussed. In the end, you will leave with a beautiful piece of craft as well a gazillion ideas on how you can put your own spin to this!
Supplies You Will Need
- White Quilling Paper / Printer/Cardstock sheet cut into 1/4″ wide strips
- Slotted Tool, Needle Tool, Tweezers (Please note that My Creative Camp is my company (partner). This kit has everything listed above. Any other quilling tools will work as well. Whoever has The Crafter’s Box Modern Paper Quilling Workshop will already have the required tools.
- Elmer’s White Glue-All or any white glue
- Circle ruler
- Ribbon/ Chain/ thread / yarn for hanging (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Downloadable pattern/ shape chart (provided by instructor)
About the Artist
Zahra Ammar is a paper artist who loves to cut, fold and explore the endless possibilities of paper. She is also in a deep relationship with colors and pigments, creating artisanal watercolors with semiprecious minerals, foraged rocks and synthetic colors. Driving her inspiration from her love of hiking and reading, her work is an essay on florals and geometric patterns. Works can be found at California Medical Association, Kaiser Permanente, Dignity Health and Sutter Hospitals and many private collections around the world.