Floral Embroidery Workshop
In this workshop, Kristen Gula of Gulush Threads introduces her careful execution of stitches in our workshop video to achieve detailed, layered floral designs. Her technique is beautiful! In addition to an overview of floral embroidery, this workshop introduces the technique of embellishing objects using a unique frame known as a Q Snap. This especially useful tool was developed by artist Monta Lea Kramer to more easily embellish clothing, personal accessories (scarves!), and even home objects (pillows, quilts, table runners, you name it). We are bringing it to our workshop to support a wonderful family-run business AND to introduce a new way of making. A Q Snap frame is wonderful for developing consistent stitches and is ideal for preventing any hoop indentations or fabric burn that one might experience when removing embellished objects from a traditional hoop.
Learn more about the details of this project on Kristen’s Featured Maker Page.
Speaking of small business collaboration, we are embroidering an expertly constructed and handsewn linen utility pouch featuring a smoke gray linen exterior and black cotton interior as well as a brass zipper + leather closure. This pouch is gusseted to sit up on its own when full. Each is individually constructed in Ohio by a wonderful team of seamstresses. It’s ideal for holding embroidery (or any type of) crafting supplies – or really, anything your heart desires (you will find an infinite number of wonderful uses!).
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop led by Kristen
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Kristen
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A handsewn gray linen pouch featuring a contrasting lining, brass + leather zipper enclosure and a gusseted base
- A 6×6″ Q Snap frame, handmade in the USA
- Gold embroidery Stork Scissors
- 16 unique embroidery floss skeins
- A pattern template designed by Kristen along with a directional project color guide
- A chenille embroidery needle
- A thread card (for closing lining upon completion of embellishing)
- Carbon paper for a smooth pattern transfer
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock