A Premium Workshop: Rigid Heddle Weaving
Rachel is a textile artist and conservator, an expert weaver who encourages others to push the boundaries of the woven grid and to create unique hand-woven, heirloom textiles. Within this workshop, Rachel will be teaching us traditional heddle loom techniques to create versatile woven goods by hand, and to celebrate our creative expression through cloth.
Visit our full Rigid Heddle Weaving Premium Workshop Kit Overview to learn even more about our artist & small business collaborations.
This premium kit features a beautifully crafted, 24” Ashford rigid heddle table loom. This loom comfortably sits on a large dining room table or can be propped against a table ledge and one’s knees for comfortable weaving. The size allows for travel if you enjoy crafting on the go. Included with the loom is a specialty 12.5-dent reed (which we cover extensively in this workshop) for diverse types of weaving.
Also included are four gorgeous, curated fiber cones. The featured yarns include a cotton linen blend from a small, family-run mill in Florence, Italy. This particular fiber is unique as it combines the softness of cotton with the crispness of linen, while offering great slub and texture. Also included in this kit are 3 cones of beautiful Japenese silk noil. These silk noil fibers are sustainably crafted using recycled silk fabrics and have a lightly textured matte finish. Learn more about our tools & materials collaborations for this workshop below.
Ready to start weaving? Envision a woven tablecloth, a set of placemats, a wall tapestry, a silky hand-woven scarf or another form of gorgeous hand-crafted textile — the opportunity is in your hands. Paired together, this yarn collection with the loom and Rachel’s comprehensive workshop, this box has all you need for a successful weaving journey.
This premium workshop includes:
- An in-depth, digital workshop by Rachel Snack
- A live Maker Chat Q&A to provide a community atmosphere and answers to your questions
- Tools and materials from artisan supplies, curated for you, by Rachel
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- Four fibers curated by Rachel (enough linen & silk for LOTS and lots of handwoven projects)
- 1 cone of Italian cotton linen
- 3 cones of Japenese silk noil
- An Ashford rigid heddle table loom (24”) and double heddle blocks
- 12.5-dent reed (specifically required for ‘wider’ warping projects)
- A 24″ Ashford rigid heddle table loom (double heddle blocks, built-in second heddle option, threading hook)
- 12.5-dent reed
- 2 x shuttles
- Warping peg and clamps
- Butcher paper and t pins
We can’t wait to see the beautiful creative cloth projects you create! We would love for you to share your project with us by tagging your photos with the artist (@theweaverhouseco) and #thecraftersbox. Happy making!
Gift this workshop kit or add a second fiber materials kit: