Basket Weaving Workshop
Welcome to an introduction to basket weaving with artist Anne Weil of Flax & Twine. Anne is an expert maker of all things fiber and has developed a love for working with natural materials. We are introducing multiple basket weaving techniques and a variety of natural materials to explore, explore, explore. Can’t wait to see what you create.
Learn more about the details of this project on Anne’s Featured Maker Page.
We’ll be focused on two unique natural materials: a wet spun linen and raffia ribbon. We’ll use a handmade beechwood crochet hook to complete our crochet basket and a sewing technique to join our braided basket. We have curated a kit of the preferred tools and selective natural materials Anne uses throughout her artistic process. Under Anne’s guided instruction we’ll be weaving, braiding, coiling, crocheting and shaping gorgeous handmade baskets for the home.
This workshop includes:
- An in-depth, digital workshop by Anne Weil
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Anne
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A hand-turned 5mm steamed beechwood crochet hook custom made for The Crafter’s Box
- A skein of wet spun, hand-dyed organic copper linen yarn
- A bundle of wet spun, hand-dyed organic ecru linen yarn
- Three bundles of raffia for two different basket techniques
- A tapestry needle
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock