Welcome to our workshop exploring macramé landscape! Macramé takes many forms, but at its roots is the unique art of tying knots in a series of patterns to create custom designs from cotton rope and string.
In this workshop, artist Rachel Breuklander shows us how to take macramé to the next level by focusing on dyed cotton string to embellish and build knotted landscapes using a simple combination of classic knots such as the lark’s head and a square knot. Rachel shares a beautiful pattern with us in her original kit and two more as add-ons to explore.
Learn more about the details of this project on Rachel’s Featured Maker Page.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop by Rachel Breuklander on how to build your own macramé landscape wall hanging
- A live Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in creative conversation
- Tools and materials from artisan suppliers, curated for you, by Rachel
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- Natural cotton cord, 175 ft
- Rosé cotton cord, 75 ft
- Currant cotton cord, 75 ft
- Honey cotton cord, 25 ft
- 3/4 x 12″ wooden dowel
- Fabric scissors
- Yarn needle
- Biodegradable comb
- 4″ S hooks
- Washi tape
- 60″ soft measuring tape
We can’t wait to see what you create!