Himmeli is a traditional Finnish holiday craft, but you don’t need to wait until winter to explore this gorgeous artform. Our himmeli kit and workshop shows you how to shape beautiful brass tubes into intricate, geometric designs.
Artist Samantha Leung of HEMLEVA walks you through the basic techniques, then shows you how to use your know-how to create new and interesting patterns. You’ll start by building a simple ornament, then Samantha will help you build new skills and create a complex mobile with varying sizes. By the end of the workshop, you’ll have one-of-a-kind himmeli DIYs to proudly hang—and not just for the holidays.
This workshop includes:
- Tools and materials to make a himmeli ornament and mobile
- A detailed, digital workshop by Samantha Leung
- A live and recorded Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in creative conversation
The specialty tools and materials in our himmeli kit include:
- 12-inch brass himmeli tubes
- K&S tubing cutter
- 11 gauge gold floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Round nose jewelry pliers
- 10/2 mercerized perle cotton yarn in white
- Precious metal polishing cloth
- Wheat straw
- 6-inch upholstery needle
Learn more about the details of this project on Samantha’s Featured Maker Page.
We're sorry that this kit is sold out. We'd love to reach out to you from our wait list when it's available again:
Out of stock