Pressed Florals Workshop
Welcome to an introduction to pressed floral and dried floral composition with artist Karly Murphy. In this workshop, Karly teaches the foundations of flower and leaf pressing to capture beautifully dried botanicals. Once an assortment of flowers and leaves have been preserved, Karly shares her tips to creating finished works of art with bundled composition and style.
Flower pressing is an age-old art that at its heart can become a memory keeping craft to time capsule important events such as weddings, baby showers and even funerals. Preserve florals from an abundant garden harvest in a new home or press leaves on a favorite family vacation. Pressed florals make lovely framed art or special gifts for family and friends.
- A detailed, digital workshop by Karly Murphy
- A live & recorded Maker Chat Q&A with our artist
- Tools and materials from artisan supplies, curated for you, by Karly
The tools & materials included in this kit:
- A custom 8×8″ flower press
- Specialized absorbent pressing paper + cardboard layers
- Blunt tweezers
- Matte Mod Podge
- Heavy weight paper
- Blank notecards and envelopes
- Glassine sheets
Learn more about the details of this project on Karly’s Featured Maker Page.